2024 ONF Scholarships are now open!
Deadline to apply: Monday, January 15, 2024.
Hague Memorial Scholarship: For a graduate nursing student who is an aspiring nurse leader.
- Are you a graduate nursing student? If no, then you do not qualify for this scholarship.
Hayward Memorial Scholarship: For RNs preparing to teach nursing.
- Are you an RN preparing to teach nursing? If no, then you do not qualify for this scholarship.
Minority Scholarship: For students who are pursuing their first nursing degree that leads to RN licensure; lives in the state of Ohio and is of a minority race; Black Indigenous People of Color (BIPOC) and Asian American Pacific Islander (AAPI).
- Are you a student pursuing your first nursing degree that leads to RN licensure? If no, then you do not qualify for this scholarship.
- Have you had breaks longer than 2 years from your formal education? (From high school to college) If yes, then you do not qualify for this scholarship.
- Have you obtained a degree? If yes, then you do not qualify for this scholarship. Do you live in Ohio? If no, then you do not qualify for this scholarship.
Traditional Nursing Student Scholarship: For students who do not have breaks longer than 2 years in their formal education (from high school to college) and have not yet obtained a degree.
- Have you had breaks longer than 2 years from your formal education? (from high school to college) If yes, then you do not qualify for this scholarship.
- Have you obtained a degree? If yes, then you do not qualify for this scholarship.
RNs Majoring in Nursing: For students that are already RNs who want to advance the profession of nursing in Ohio.
- Are you a student that is already an RN and wanting to advance your nursing profession within Ohio? If no, then you do not qualify for this scholarship.
Students Returning to School for Nursing Scholarship: For students who have been out of school more than 2 years and are not an RN.
- Are you a student that has been out of school for more than 2 years and not an RN? If no, then you do not qualify for this scholarship.
Joylynn Daniels Scholarship – $1,000
To be eligible for the scholarship, applicants must meet the eligibility requirements which SONA has established. Those requirements include the following:
- Be an RN enrolled in the RN to BSN Program in either full-time or part-time status and provide proof of enrollment
- Have an active RN license
- Be a resident of the local tristate area (Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky) who works as an RN in the state of Ohio
- Be a member in good standing in the Ohio Nurses Association
- Be in good academic standing with a 2.5 GPA
- Plan to remain enrolled for at least one semester beyond the awarding of the scholarship
The awarding of the scholarships will take place during the Annual ONA Nurse Choice Awards Luncheon in the Spring.
Joylynn Daniels Scholarship Award:
Scholarship monies available from the Southwestern Ohio Nurses Association (SONA).
This scholarship award will be given to a deserving recipient in honor of Joylynn Daniels.
Ms. Daniels was a committed nurse and supporter of life-long learning. In addition, she was also a graduate of the University of Cincinnati College of Nursing’s RN to BSN Program. Joylynn exemplified Florence Nightingale’s quote: “Let us never consider ourselves finished nurses… We must be learning all our lives.” and encouraged people to continue their education, that learning does not stop once you have your RN.
Joylynn was a strong advocate for nurses at all levels. She stayed current with legislative proposals and would write or visit her legislators to campaign for ONA or ANA sponsored bills. She was passionate about her profession and her professional organization. Ms. Daniels was an untiring advocate for staff nurses. This endowed fund was created for Ms. Daniels as a way of honoring nurses’ educational mobility through the RN to BSN Program.
*If you are experiencing technical issues with the apply button above, please copy, and paste this link into your browser: https://onaapply.smapply.io/prog/lst/
Remember to log into your ONA account. If you don’t have an ONA account, click Log In and follow the instructions to create an account.