The Ohio Nurses Foundation awards thousands of dollars annually in research grants and scholarships to notable nurses and future nurses.
Browse the list below of available scholarship and grant opportunities and their corresponding applications. Scholarships and research grants are awarded at the annual Nurses Choice Awards and Scholarship Luncheon. The deadline for all applications is January 15th of each year.
- Hague Memorial Scholarship: For a graduate nursing student who is an aspiring nurse leader.
- Minority Scholarship: For students who are pursuing their first nursing degree that leads to RN licensure; live in the state of Ohio and are of a minority race.
- Hayward Memorial Scholarship: For RNs preparing to teach nursing.
- Traditional Nursing Student Scholarship: For students who do not have breaks longer than 2 years in their formal education (from high school to college) and have not yet obtained a degree.
- RNs Majoring in Nursing: For students that are already RNs who want to advance the profession of nursing in Ohio.
- Students Returning to School for Nursing Scholarship: For students who have been out of school more than 2 years and are not an RN.
- Summit and Portage District Scholarship: For sophomore, junior, or senior student or returning R.N. working toward an advanced nursing degree at Hiram College, Kent State University, or The University of Akron.
- Ashtabula District Scholarship: For students at Kent State Ashtabula Campus. Two scholarships of $250 are available per year. To apply, contact Kent State directly by emailing email@example.com or calling 440-964-4211.
- Research Grants: For the support of sound research projects conducted by registered nurses in Ohio. Up to 3 $2,000 grants are awarded per year.